"Life is to be lived. If you have to support yourself, you had bloody well better find some way that is going to be interesting. And you don't do that by sitting around wondering about yourself." ~ Katharine Hepburn (American Actress).
I've been working pretty damn hard on myself since November 2010. As a person who has struggled with....well, basically everything.....for years upon years, I felt that my 33rd year better be big. Not getting any younger, that's for sure. I've realized that change is absolutely possible given the right support. You'd think I would have inherently known this given that I am a children's therapist....but, as we know, we therapists are awesome at solving anyone else's problems but our own.
Over the past 15 months I have accomplished the following:
- 15 months of therapy with a rockstar therapist to work through practically everything. Have accomplished all the goals I laid out at the beginning of therapy and am now starting to wean off sessions because all I talk about is happy stuff now.
- Quit biting my nails, a lifelong affliction.
- Went gluten-free/ mostly organic and stopped eating red meat.
- Quit smoking pot, another lifelong affliction.
- Ceased looking for approval from anyone but myself, particularly my wacky family.
- Developed and following through with a plan to travel to Africa to volunteer for two months (193 days left on the countdown).
- Started seeing an Osteopath and Naturopath, which are helping me save me.
- Enrolled in an African dance class, which I begin tonight.
- Became social with friends (see quit smoking pot).
- Stopped sleeping all the time (again, see quit smoking pot).
- Recently started exploring Qigong and am looking into Tai Chi classes.
This list makes me proclaim: I am fucking unstoppable man!!!!